* Default theme implementation to display a single Drupal page.
* Available variables:
* General utility variables:
* - $base_path: The base URL path of the Drupal installation. At the very
* least, this will always default to /.
* - $directory: The directory the template is located in, e.g. modules/system
* or themes/bartik.
* - $is_front: TRUE if the current page is the front page.
* - $logged_in: TRUE if the user is registered and signed in.
* - $is_admin: TRUE if the user has permission to access administration pages.
* Site identity:
* - $front_page: The URL of the front page. Use this instead of $base_path,
* when linking to the front page. This includes the language domain or
* - $logo: The path to the logo image, as defined in theme configuration.
* - $site_name: The name of the site, empty when display has been disabled
* in theme settings.
* - $site_slogan: The slogan of the site, empty when display has been disabled
* in theme settings.
* - $main_menu (array): An array containing the Main menu links for the
* site, if they have been configured.
* - $secondary_menu (array): An array containing the Secondary menu links for
* the site, if they have been configured.
* - $breadcrumb: The breadcrumb trail for the current page.
* Page content (in order of occurrence in the default page.tpl.php):
* - $title_prefix (array): An array containing additional output populated by
* modules, intended to be displayed in front of the main title tag that
* appears in the template.
* - $title: The page title, for use in the actual HTML content.
* - $title_suffix (array): An array containing additional output populated by
* modules, intended to be displayed after the main title tag that appears in
* the template.
* - $messages: HTML for status and error messages. Should be displayed
* - $tabs (array): Tabs linking to any sub-pages beneath the current page
* (e.g., the view and edit tabs when displaying a node).
* - $action_links (array): Actions local to the page, such as 'Add menu' on the
* menu administration interface.
* - $feed_icons: A string of all feed icons for the current page.
* - $node: The node object, if there is an automatically-loaded node
* associated with the page, and the node ID is the second argument
* in the page's path (e.g. node/12345 and node/12345/revisions, but not
* - $page['help']: Dynamic help text, mostly for admin pages.
* - $page['highlighted']: Items for the highlighted content region.
* - $page['content']: The main content of the current page.
* - $page['sidebar_first']: Items for the first sidebar.
* - $page['sidebar_second']: Items for the second sidebar.
* - $page['header']: Items for the header region.
* - $page['footer']: Items for the footer region.
* @see template_preprocess()
* @see template_preprocess_page()
* @see template_process()
Breast Cancer patients and those at high risk for the disease.
I provide patients with an appropriate level of treatment, whether they have a curable or incurable disease. Better treatments are found through research.
Education & Background
Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
Medical school: Doctor of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
Straight medicine internship and residency: University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California
Chief resident in medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California
Medical oncology/hematology fellowship, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado
American Board of Internal Medicine, board certified in internal medicine, board certified in medical oncology
1997 Sue Miller Award. AMC Cancer Research Center/Nancy Gosselin Foundation 16th Annual Day of Caring.
1997 Colorado Cancer Research Program Annual Award for top accruing physician to cancer research studies.
1997 Denver Chapter: Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. “Local Hero” Award.
1998 Robert S. Berris Award from the Colorado Cancer Research Program for the top accruing physician to cancer research studies.
1999 Robert S. Berris Award from the Colorado Cancer Research Program for the top accruing physician to cancer research studies.
2001 Robert S. Berris Award from the Colorado Cancer Research Program for the top accruing physician to cancer research studies.
Focus on research to find better ways to prevent breast cancer recurrence and new innovative therapies for those women whose breast cancer has returned. Patient enrollment in RMCC, USON, CCRP, NSABP, ECOG, NCCTG and pharmaceutical research studies.